Saturday 27 June 2015

Another Day, Another Train

Having decided that timings just didn't work to do the museums at Thetford I got away at a reasonable time to head for the Mid Norfolk Railway. It's another preserved railway, single track now although the original was twin track. I had a bit of a chat with the guy running the museum room, and although the notice board said it was diesel today it turned out that we were hauled by a steam engine.

As such railways are it's fairly typical. Friendly enough but nothing special. I had lunch in the tearoom which was OK.

From there I programmed the satnav for the site for the next few days. It's a typical club site, but there's a shop close by one way (useful for bread) and a pub the other (useful for beer). I must admit that I got talking in the latter and supped a pint or two more than I should on an afternoon. One of the people there now spends his whole time touring Caravan Club sites. Not sure I'd want to do that but it suits him and his dog.

The next couple of days are fairly relaxed, there's a steam museum tomorrow (courtesy of Salvage Hunters on telly), and a couple of other visits before the Royal Norfolk Show. That will be a full day out, but it's a while since I've been to a similar event. It's getting close to 50 years since I first went to the Durham County Show and I'll admit to having a liking for such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment